A Few Words About Us
At MELC we understand that all families have unique needs - and we pride ourselves on catering for the individual needs of our children and their parents.
We are all passionate about learning and ensuring we provide a fun and safe environment for all those in our care - babies, toddlers, preschoolers and 'big school' children.
At Maraylya Early Learning Centre, we aim to provide a friendly, caring and educational environment for children, parents and staff.
We will achieve this aim by providing the following.
An ENVIRONMENT that is:
- Safe, secure and welcoming
- Stimulating for the children and promotes co-operation, creativity, investigation, independence, and decision making while building self confidence and self esteem.
- Respectful and tolerant
- Founded on honesty and integrity
- Building awareness of sustainable practices
STAFF members who:
- See their role as caregivers, educators and role models
- Understand children, value their differences and enjoy their work
- Continue to build and extend on their professional development
- Support families by encouraging open, two-way communication
- Plan and develop programs, observations and reflections based on the principals and outcomes of The Early Years Learning Framework
- Incorporate play based learning and literacy and numeracy programs into all aspects of the children’s day
- Incorporate Early Childhood Australia's Code of Ethics into daily practice
- Children to explore and develop an understanding and respect of each other’s culture
- The Centre to support the local community and develop positive working relationships
- Families to contribute to all aspects of planning, policy review and decision making
What Our Clients Say About Us
I am comfortable with the teachers, it's such a warm, caring environment.
I trust the staff and feel confident that my children are happy, safe and learning.
We made the decision to move to MELC because of the Prep Program and the commitment staff have to children of all ages.
I feel confident that my child is ready for school and I am amazed at how much he knows!